70°F
Sponsored by

Chlorine gas leak is fixed

A chlorine gas leak happened on Green Bay's East side around 11 a.m. Friday

Green Bay, Wis.(WFRV)- One person was sent to the hospital this afternoon after a chlorine gas leak on Green Bay's east side.

It happened at the water treatment facility off Finger Road near Grandview Road.

The Green Bay Metro Fire Department and the Hazardous Material Team responded just after 11 a.m. Friday.

They spent the afternoon finding and patching the leak which occurred in a chlorine container valve.

One local resident was not allowed back into their home around noon due to safety precautions.

All workers at the facility had to be evacuated.

The person taken to the hospital has been released.

 
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus
Find more Local News Feeds here:
facebook.pngtwittericon.pngrss-icon.png