PHOTO: Rogue Theater of
GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – Read on for information on The Heritage Players’ “They Came to Wisconsin,” Door Shakespeare’s “The Comedy of Errors” and “King Lear,” Theatre on the Bay’s “Cabaret,” Rogue Theater’s “Alabama Bound,” Stage Door Theatre’s “Talley’s Folly,” Calumet County Community Theatre’s “Brigadoon,” Attic Theatre’s “Deathtrap,” Box in the Wood Theatre Guild’s “Seussical the Musical,” Peninsula Players’ “And Then There Were None,” American Folklore Theatre’s “Strings Attached,” “Guys on Ice” and “Packer Fans From Outer Space,” Theatre on the Bay’s “Cabaret”… concerts of Birch Creek Music Performance Center, PianoFondue, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Kids from Wisconsin… News about the Green Bay Boy Choir and Girl Choir summer camps and Arts Wisconsin’s community awards.
- At Marinette, Theatre on the Bay’s presentation of the musical, “Cabaret,” opens Thursday, July 17, for a run through July 27 in
- At Sturgeon Bay, Rogue Theatre opens “
- At De Pere, Music Theatre of St. Norbert College opens “Guys and Dolls” July 23 for a run through Aug. 1. A preview story is at www.wearegreenbay.com/story/d/story/critic-at-large/23604/HGA-e49vqkmuAJhpXbDBtQ.
- At Neenah, the Riverside Players opens the musical comedy, “Guys on Ice,” July 24 for a run through Aug. 3. The musical comedy focuses on buddies who love ice fishing as much as they do the Green Bay Packers – and are comically philosophical about both. Info: www.ci.neenah.wi.us/
- The Heritage Players troupe will present its summer historical play, “They Came to
- At Chilton, Calumet County Community Theatre is presenting the nostalgic musical, “Brigadoon,” through Saturday, July 19, at the
- At Menasha, Attic Theatre continues the thriller, “Deathtrap,” through Saturday, July 19, at the University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley. My review is at www.wearegreenbay.com/story/d/story/critic-at-large/17957/eELYL8oJC0OTLCeQws_qkA.
- At Shawano, Box in the Wood Theatre Guild is running “Seussical the Musical” through Saturday, July 19, at the
- For the first time in its 79-year history, Peninsula Players Theatre is presenting the classic Agatha Christie whodunit, “And Then There Were None,” in a run through July 27 at the theater near Fish Creek in Door County. My review is at www.wearegreenbay.com/story/d/story/critic-at-large/29208/W1IlxT2T40acVPhX8GBpMA.
- At Sturgeon Bay, Stage Door Theatre Company’s absorbing production of the Lanford Wilson romantic comedy, “Talley’s Folly,” continues through July 25. My review is at www.wearegreenbay.com/story/d/story/critic-at-large/20356/BFJxsyfigUKAtChIdxD_Xg. A post-performance audience discussion with the cast and director will take place following the matinee performance on Sunday, July 20. An on-air Critic at Large segment will feature the production between 6 and 8 a.m. Sunday, July 20, on WFRV, Channel 5.
- At Door Shakespeare at Bjorklunden near Baileys Harbor in Door County, William Shakespeare’s “The Comedy of Errors” and “King Lear” are running in repertory through Aug. 16. Info: www.doorshakespeare.com. My review of “The Comedy of Errors” is at www.wearegreenbay.com/story/d/story/critic-at-large/25002/jWE85zrqO0avF5ga2INmww.
- American Folklore Theatre’s 2014 summer season is running in Peninsula State Park Amphitheatre near Fish Creek. Info: www.folkloretheatre.com. See my reviews on the WFRV website: “Strings Attached”: www.wearegreenbay.com/1fulltext-news/d/story/critic-at-large/33861/JYTtdj4S5k6MRa3JyO0_hQ. “Guys on Ice”: www.wearegreenbay.com/1fulltext-news/d/story/critic-at-large/24388/H2Li0L8RC0yJT1D5rMIzXQ. “Packer Fans from Outer Space”: www.wearegreenbay.com/story/d/story/critic-at-large/91855/VE30_DTFkUG1Zg8D08TxhA. A special feature on the “Guys on Ice” that includes an interview with composer Jimmy Kaplan is at www.wearegreenbay.com/story/d/story/critic-at-large/26301/awNYPZ1aaUaZSvtKq2D0tw.
ON THE CONCERT SCENE
- Concerts in the popular Big Band Jazz I series open tonight, Wednesday, July 16, at the Birch Creek Music Performance Center near
- At Manitowoc, the Kids from Wisconsin show troupe presents two concerts Thursday, July 17, at the
- At Fish Creek, Door Community Auditorium hosts the swing group Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Saturday, July 19. Info: www.dcauditorium.org.
- At De Pere, PianoFondue is featured on the St. Norbert College summer series, Knights on the Fox, on Tuesday, July 22, at the campus marina in De Pere. PianoFondue delivers a high-energy dueling pianos performance. In this full-production show, small pieces of individual songs are combined to create new medleys. The performance will include country, pop and oldies. Info: www.snc.edu.
- The Green Bay Boy Choir and Girl Choir will hold their annual Voice Discovery Camps Aug. 4 to 8 at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. According to the organization, Voice Discovery Camp is a half-day, weeklong day camp experience for students ages 7 to 18 who are interested in exploring choral music and their singing voice. Vocal Training Camp 2014 for young men and boys will run from 8 a.m. to noon daily. D.I.V.A. Camp 2014 for girls (Develop your Individual Vocal Ability) will run from 1 to 5 p.m. In addition to the opportunity to prepare and perform a camp concert at the end of the week, this year’s camps will also include instruction in areas such as bucket drumming, choreography and African dance (for girls) as well as recreational time. Under the direction of the Boy Choir and Girl Choir musical staff, students at Voice Discovery Camps will have the opportunity to rehearse and perform a wide variety of music selected to respect the unique developmental need of young men and boy’s or girl’s voices. Students will be grouped with other students of similar age and musical development. The cost for the camp is $90, which includes instruction,
You may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Watch for my on-air features on WFRV between 6 and 8 a.m. Sundays.