43°F
Sponsored by

Overnight: Apartment Fire in Fond du Lac

An unattended candle is to blame for a fire that left one person without a place to stay.
FOND DU LAC, Wisc. (WFRV) An unattended candle is to blame for a fire that left one person without a place to stay.

Around 1:45am Friday, firefighters were sent to 186 Morningside Drive in Fond du Lac for a reported apartment fire.

The resident of the apartment left an unattended candle on an ottoman and that's what started the fire. The resident used a fire extinguisher to knock down the fire before firefighters arrived.

The resident was treated on scene and released.

The apartment complex was evacuated while firefighters ventilated the structure.

Because the apartment's smoke detector was not operational, the Fond du Lac Fire Department will canvass the area to educate residents about having working smoke detectors.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus
Find more Local News Feeds here:
facebook.pngtwittericon.pngrss-icon.png