Black Creek Police confirm gas leak was caused by the cold weather, a valve snapped open due to freezing temperatures.The leak was first reported to the Outagamie County Sheriff's Department just before six o'clock Monday and forced the evacuation of a large portion of the town.
Local 5 News will have complete coverage on Local 5 News at Ten.
The Outagamie County Sheriff's Department says it's first report of the leak came in just before six o'clock Monday evening. Deputies say a hissing noise from a WE Energies substation on the village's north side prompted the evacuation.
Deputies say all residents north of Railroad Street in Black Creek have been evacuated, and the Black Creek Fire Department is available for warming and shelter for anyone who needs it.
Deputies say motorists should avoid the village and every major road way into the village is blocked off.
Count on Local 5 for the latest updates.