The fire started Thursday morning in an underground parking garage.
Investigators have determined there was an electrical fire in the engine compartment of a vehicle.
Because of the tires in the garage, thick black smoke poured from the building for almost two hours.
Local 5 also learned that there is some damage to the buildings plumbing and electrical systems.
Contractors are already on site making repairs.
Firefighters say a structural engineer will also be called in to assess the building and make sure it is safe to live in.
The building has officially been turned back over to the property management company that owns it.
Thursday when the fire broke out, the entire 68 unit complex was evacuated.
Residents have now been allowed to return to two sections of the building.
Roughly 40 people who live in the building directly above the garage where the fire started, have not been allowed to stay.
The American Red Cross is helping people find places to stay.
They tell us of the 40 people, only four adults and two children needed assistance finding a place to stay.