Chlorine gas leak is fixed

-

Green Bay, Wis.(WFRV)- One person was sent to the hospital this afternoon after a chlorine gas leak on Green Bay's east side.

It happened at the water treatment facility off Finger Road near Grandview Road.

The Green Bay Metro Fire Department and the Hazardous Material Team responded just after 11 a.m. Friday.

They spent the afternoon finding and patching the leak which occurred in a chlorine container valve.

One local resident was not allowed back into their home around noon due to safety precautions.

All workers at the facility had to be evacuated.

The person taken to the hospital has been released.

 

More Stories

Don't Miss

  • LPGA
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Our Town 2017
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • June Dairy Month 2017
  • Your Local Experts
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Movie Listings
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News