House Fire in De Pere leaves four homeless this Thanksgiving

DE PERE (WFRV) - Four people are now homeless after their home suffered serious damage the night before Thanksgiving.  De Pere Fire and Rescue responded to the fire call at 1024 S Sixth Street in De Pere; a little after 10 o'clock Wednesday night. 

The fire department is reporting that the fire was in the attic and walls of the family home and required an aggressive response to prevent the fire from spreading to nearby properties.  Roofing, drywall and other building materials were removed to reach the fire.  Fire crews were on the scene for over 4 hours fighting the stubborn fire.

The family is receiving assistance from the Red Cross.


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Tundraland FREE House Full of Windows Giveaway
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Local 5 Fish Fry Guide 2018
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Storm Team 5 Skyview Network
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Hidden History 2018
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Your Local Experts
    Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Latest News