48°F
Sponsored by

UPDATE: One dead in Manitowoc fire

An elderly man is dead after a house fire in Manitowoc.

MANITOWOC, Wis. (WFRV) - An elderly man is dead after a house fire in Manitowoc.

According to Dr. Jeff Schroeder, the chief deputy coroner for Manitowoc County, 90-year-old Arnold Goeke died of smoke inhalation, and carbon monoxide poisoning, after a fire broke out just before 8 PM Tuesday, in the 1700 block of Philippen Street.

Shortly after firefighters arrived on scene, Goeke was found in the home and quickly transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The coroner could not say for sure what Goeke was doing at the time of his death, but toxicology results will come back in about four to six weeks.

It took firefighters about an hour to bring the fire under control. The cause of the fire is still unknown.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus
Find more Local News Feeds here:
facebook.pngtwittericon.pngrss-icon.png

Facebook Activity