The 42-member group is made up of singers from
The ensemble has performed in
The 2013-2014 season: For times and locations, see www.lakeshorechorale.org:
- “Autumn Aire,” Oct. 19. Included are Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s “Regina Coeli;” three American spirituals; poetry of Ogden Nash set to music by contemporary composer Eric Whitacre, including an ode to a Wisconsin favorite, the cow; and !), and “Famine Song” written by the female quartet VIDA.
- “Canticle of Christmas,” Dec. 8, Lakeshore Chorale and Lakeshore Youth Chorale. A variety of holiday music and an audience sing along.
- “Valentine Visions,” Feb. 14. Classic love songs, followed by a cabaret.
- “Spring’s Song,” April 6, Lakeshore Youth Chorale. Songs, rounds and shanties featuring solos and instrumental accompaniment.
- “Summertime,” May 3. Light choral favorites.
Director is Neil Bubke, with accompaniment by Johanna Schilling.
You may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Watch for my on-air features on WFRV at 6:45 p.m. Thursdays and every other Sunday between 6 and 8 a.m. (usually around 7:45 a.m.)