Players Theatre's production of the musical, "Sunday in the Park with George,"
revolves around a famous painting by Georges Seurat, "A Sunday Afternoon on the
Here is an overview of the scene:
Starting tonight, Thursday, Aug. 8, is Peter Quince Performing Company's production of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying." Performances of the musical comedy are at the University of Wisconsin-Manitowoc. Everything involved in the production is done by youth ages 12 to 23. The unique troupe is in its 45th year. Info: www.pqpc.org.
A comic melodrama is in store for Abrams Spotlight Productions, starting a two-week run Friday, Aug. 9, at The Byng Community Theater in Abrams. Oddball characters in a zany plot are part of "The Saga of the Prospector's Daughter or She was Only a Miner's Minor." Info: www.abramsspotlightproductions.com.
- Let Me Be Frank Productions' new take on Green Bay Packers
co-founder Curly Lambeau in "Packers Heritage Trail: Through Curly's Eyes," continues
at the Meyer Theatre in downtown Green Bay. Troupe namesake Frank Hermans
reports that Jerry Zucker, movie director of "Airplane" and the "Naked Gun"
series, caught a performance and told him he liked comedy, timing and period
settings. "He also commented on our voices and said that he would never
have expected this type of talent in
- At Appleton, Attic Theatre is into its final show of the season. It's "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying," a musical comedy spoofing the corporate world. Info: www.attictheatreinc.com. Watch for my review Friday, Aug. 9, on this site.
- Door Shakespeare near
- At American Folklore Theatre in
- Peninsula Players Theatre is in the final performances of the engaging Pulitzer Prize-winning musical about artist Georges Seurat, "Sunday in the Park with George." See my review on this site. Starting Wednesday, Aug. 14, is the comic whodunit, "The Game's Afoot." Info: www.peninsulaplayers.com.
On the concert scene
- Friday and Saturday night concerts highlight the three-day
35th annual Shawano Folk Music Festival in and around the
- Door Community Auditorium's lineup for the week ahead includes country music star Kathy Mattea on Sunday, Aug. 11, along with concerts in the big Peninsula Music Festival. Info: www.dcauditorium.org.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.