PHOTO: “Love, Loss, and What I Wore,” a play co-authored by the multi-talented Nora Ephron, opens the University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley Theatre season.
- The season opens with a play new to the area, “Love, Loss, and What I Wore,” Sept. 19 to 21. The play was written Nora and Delia Ephron based on the 1995 book of the same name by Ilene Beckerman. Featured are monologues by a rotating cast of five principal women. The monologues include women’s relationships and wardrobes; the female wardrobe is used as a time capsule of a woman’s life. Nora Ephron, who died in 2012, directed the popular movies “You’ve Got Mail” and “When Harry Met Sally” during her prodigious creative career.
- Singing monsters are part of the fun of “Halloween Rocks!” in the all-ages camp musical running Oct. 24 to 26.
- “The Other Place,” also new to the area, is a dark comedy about a successful neurologist with an increasingly troubled life. The play by Sharr White runs Nov. 14 to 23.
- Local youngsters will join in the action as the visiting Missoula Children’s Theatre presents “The Amazing Adventures of Robinson Crusoe” Dec. 6 and 7.
- More adventure comes in the form of “Tarzan The Musical” from Feb. 27 to March 9. The music and lyrics are by pop music’s Phil Collins.
- Returning for a third year, April 10 to 12, is “Dream Role,” with area talent performing favorite roles from stage and screen.
Information is at www.uwfox.uwc.cac/theatreevents.html.
Please email me at email@example.com.