PLYMOUTH, Wis. (WFRV) – The Sheboygan County Fair has been canceled due to challenges posed by coronavirus.
According to a release, the Sheboygan County Fair Association made the decision after careful consideration and guidance from county health officials.
“The unstable conditions around us have brought new, unforeseen challenges and difficult decisions for everyone,” officials said in a release. “We are committed to do our part to help protect our staff, volunteers, exhibitors, attendees, vendors and participants. Everyone in the community has been impacted by COVID-19, especially local businesses who sponsor the Fair.”
“We would rather be remembered for cancelling the fair during a Pandemic than to be remembered for being responsible for increasing the spread of Coronavirus,” the Fair Association said.
Uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus has caused numerous local events to be canceled:
- Algoma 2020 Sunday Farmer’s Market
- Appleton Old Car Show and Swap Meet
- Country USA
- The Door County Fair
- EAA AirVenture
- Fox Cities Butterfly Festival
- Green & Gold Charity Softball game
- The Green Lake County Fair
- Greenville Catfish Races and Concert
- Hodag Country Festival in Rhinelander
- igNight Market in Green Bay’s Broadway District
- The Iola Car Show
- The Kewaunee County Fair
- Rock USA
- Warrens Cranberry Festival
- The Winnebago County Fair
- Wisconsin State Fair
Some events will be held, with modifications, including: