APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – For the first time in a long time, seniors were able to get together at the Thompson Center in Appleton.
On Wednesday, the played Park ‘n Play Bingo. The Center’s been closed since March because of the pandemic. Over 80 people parked in the parking lot and played a couple rounds of bingo.
The Center’s executive director says it’s less about the game, and more about being together.
“It’s something to do, to get them out of their house, isolation, to see people that they know and that they’ve been friends with,” Liz Neuman told WFRV Local 5.
The Thompson Center on Lourdes will be opening at a limited capacity on July 6.
- McConnell says he plans to push forward with Trump Supreme Court nominee
- Ice rink, event plaza coming to downtown Neenah thanks to $4 – $5 million gift
- Texas school district apologizes for ‘hero’ assignment listing accused Kenosha shooter
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 87, dies of metastatic pancreatic cancer
- Weekend starts frosty but not for long