APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – For the first time in a long time, seniors were able to get together at the Thompson Center in Appleton.
On Wednesday, the played Park ‘n Play Bingo. The Center’s been closed since March because of the pandemic. Over 80 people parked in the parking lot and played a couple rounds of bingo.
The Center’s executive director says it’s less about the game, and more about being together.
“It’s something to do, to get them out of their house, isolation, to see people that they know and that they’ve been friends with,” Liz Neuman told WFRV Local 5.
The Thompson Center on Lourdes will be opening at a limited capacity on July 6.
- Green Bay police investigate shots fired incident on city’s east side
- UPDATE: All lanes on WIS 67 from County E open
- Little Chute Elementary cancels March 9 classes due to water break
- Prince Harry says inheritance from Princess Diana made it possible to leave royal family
- Ledgeview Gardens gets early jump on growing produce for customers