APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – For the first time in a long time, seniors were able to get together at the Thompson Center in Appleton.
On Wednesday, the played Park ‘n Play Bingo. The Center’s been closed since March because of the pandemic. Over 80 people parked in the parking lot and played a couple rounds of bingo.
The Center’s executive director says it’s less about the game, and more about being together.
“It’s something to do, to get them out of their house, isolation, to see people that they know and that they’ve been friends with,” Liz Neuman told WFRV Local 5.
The Thompson Center on Lourdes will be opening at a limited capacity on July 6.
- Studies suggest a link between blood type and COVID-19
- Cooler temperatures last through the weekend
- Green Bay’s troubled tourism industry takes another blow
- 1919 Kitchen and Tap, The Turn, 46 Below reopening in Green Bay
- WPS to close downtown Green Bay campus as employees work remotely, move to different location