APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – For the first time in a long time, seniors were able to get together at the Thompson Center in Appleton.
On Wednesday, the played Park ‘n Play Bingo. The Center’s been closed since March because of the pandemic. Over 80 people parked in the parking lot and played a couple rounds of bingo.
The Center’s executive director says it’s less about the game, and more about being together.
“It’s something to do, to get them out of their house, isolation, to see people that they know and that they’ve been friends with,” Liz Neuman told WFRV Local 5.
The Thompson Center on Lourdes will be opening at a limited capacity on July 6.
- ThedaCare extends COVID-19 testing locations, dates
- Holiday traditions underway in DC today: White House Christmas Tree, presidential turkeys
- Pandemic Holidays: A look at dining options for families this Thanksgiving
- ‘It’s actually sick’: Packers receiver receives death threats after overtime loss to Colts
- Co-founder of viral ALS Ice Bucket Challenge dies at 37