MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Conservatives have asked a judge to immediately put an end to Wisconsin’s mask mandate.
The Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty argued Monday that Democratic Gov. Tony Evers doesn’t have the authority to issue such an order that comes as the state has seen cases surge.
Attorneys filed the request for an immediate injunction to block the order in Polk County Circuit Court.
It was part of an amendment to a lawsuit they had filed there in August against Evers’ first mask mandate.
Wisconsin ranked third nationwide for new cases per capita with 459 new cases per 100,000 people over the past two weeks.
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Week ahead: Performances arriving or no longer in calendar, part 33
- Woman asked to remove political mask in Neenah restaurant
- Green Bay Nation: Packers bounce back, prepare for a desperate Vikings team
- Oshkosh Fire Chief Stanley honored as a hero for work in the community
- Region 3 one day from potential indoor dining shutdown