The DPW say the changes will include the following:
- All County and Congressional District Caucuses will be moved from in-person events to virtual events.
- Virtual county caucuses will be spread out between three dates: April 26, May 3, and May 10.
- The CD caucuses will remain on May 17th.
- Anyone who wishes to participate in a county caucus (either as a voter, a delegate candidate, or an observer) is now required to pre-register for the virtual caucus ahead of time, by 5:00 p.m. on April 17.
- Caucuses will use electronic ballots rather than paper ballots.
According to the Democratic Party of Wisconsin, its Administrative Committee passed these changes on March 18, which were then approved by the Democratic National Committee.