ELM GROVE, Wis. (AP) — Eight nuns living at a suburban Milwaukee convent have died of COVID-19 in the last week, according to the School Sisters of Notre Dame Central Pacific Province.
A statement from the congregation says there are other confirmed cases of the coronavirus among the 88 sisters living at the Notre Dame of Elm Grove.
The deaths of the eight nuns occurred since Dec. 9. The statement says the sisters are following recommended safety guidelines.
The outbreak comes months after six nuns at Our Lady of Angels Convent in Greenfield died of the coronavirus in less than a month.
- House passes PUMP Act that would expand breastfeeding accommodations for working mothers
- D1-3 High School Football Playoff Highlights: Neenah upsets, Luxemburg-Casco finishes a thriller
- Rawhide Youth Services breaks ground on expansion project; Cherry Starr attends
- D4-7 High School Football Highlights: Four NEC teams advance
- Xtra Props – Playoffs Level 1: Team, Band, & Spirit Squad of the Week