MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Gov. Tony Evers says he has not yet decided whether to extend his statewide mask mandate that is set to expire Sept. 28.
Evers spoke Wednesday during a Milwaukee Press Club event. His comments come as the state is seeing increases in COVID-19 cases, particularly on college campuses.
Evers says he will “cross that bridge when we get there” when it comes to extending the mask order. But he says he believes it is legal.
The order is being challenged by conservatives.
A new Marquette University Law School poll showed 57% approve of Evers’ handling of the coronavirus.
- Kewaunee Mayor talks COVID-19 surges and new statue in Community Update
- Pulaski school district moving to virtual learning due to COVID-19
- 1 million lives lost: World marks painful COVID-19 milestone
- Trump receives third nomination for Nobel Peace Prize
- UPDATE: Suspect in Green Bay deaths arrested after pursuit, officer being treated for stab wound