MADISON, Wis. (WFRV) – Wisconsin officials will hold a coronavirus briefing on Tuesday afternoon.
Governor Tony Evers will be joined by:
- Secretary-designee Andrea Palm, Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Dr. Ryan Westergaard, Chief Medical Officer of the Bureau of Communicable Diseases
- Ryan Nilsestuen, Chief Legal Counsel, Office of the Governor
The briefing, which will be streamed above, is scheduled to start at 1:30 p.m.
There are currently efforts underway across the state to recall Gov. Evers over his response to civil unrest and the pandemic. In less than one week, more than 55,000 people have joined the Facebook group Recall Tony Evers— to remove Gov. Evers from office.
Here are the latest COVID-19 in Wisconsin headlines:
- Almost 3,000 new positive COVID-19 cases and 7 new virus-related deaths reported by Wisconsin DHS
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Review: ‘If It’s Monday, This Must Be Murder!’ frothy in Plymouth
- Brown County health leaders urge people to get serious in fighting the spread of COVID-19
- Ashwaubenon School District transitioning to remote learning due to COVID-19
- Crivitz School District transitions to virtual learning due to staffing shortages