LA CROSSE, Wis. (AP) — La Crosse County health officials say a resident has been reinfected with COVID-19, though scientists studying the virus have yet to confirm a case of reinfection, and not a flare-up of a previous infection.
The county Health Department, in a Facebook post Tuesday, said the person first tested positive for COVID-19 more than three months ago.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention last month said there had been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 reinfection, but scientists continue to investigate the possibility.
- New project hopes to help keep waterways clean for years to come
- Rain showers Wednesday night, cool & blustery Thursday
- FDA OKs mixing COVID vaccines; backs Moderna, J&J boosters
- UPDATE: Algoma Blvd. gas leak contained, UW Oshkosh Police allow re-entry to buildings
- When does Northeast Wisconsin typically see our first snowfall