MILWAUKEE (AP) — Marcus Theatres has temporarily closed 17 of the 72 cinemas it reopened this summer, citing a decline in audience demand and the limited number of new movie releases.
The coronavirus pandemic led to the closure of movie theaters across Wisconsin in mid-March.
The Milwaukee-based Marcus began reopening many of its theaters in August, after test runs at a handful of theaters in June.
Theaters Marcus has closed again include those in Appleton, Green Bay, Delafield, and Menomonee Falls.
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Review: Music’s fine virtually from Appleton orchestra players
- Commission to mute microphones in next presidential debate
- Group that repairs wheelchairs gets some more time to find new home
- Restaurants adjust as temperatures force guests back inside
- Explaining the two advisory referendums on Brown County’s Election Day ballot