MINNESOTA (WFRV) – Minnesota will soon have a statewide mask mandate, according to WFRV affiliate WCCO.
Governor Tim Walz is expected to announce the mandate Wednesday afternoon, WCCO reports. the mandate is said to require the use of masks in all public places. It is unknown when the mandate will go into effect.
As of July 22, Michigan and Illinois are Wisconsin’s only neighboring states that have statewide mandates. Throughout the Midwest, Iowa and the Dakotas have not implemented mask mandates.
WCCO reports the Minnesota Hospital Association urged Walz to implement a statewide mask mandate. Many cities in Minnesota, along with major retailers across the country, have already implemented face mask policies.
- Squeezed by investigations, Trump escalates violent rhetoric
- Chicago mayor’s race underscores Democratic divide on handling crime
- Meijer ‘Simply Give’ program helps out Salvation Army
- Ugly cars: Car designs not even a mother could love
- 21-year-old, 14-year-old seriously injured after crash with power pole in Outagamie County