MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The Wisconsin Department of Corrections says there’s been another coronavirus outbreak in a state prison.
The DOC says the Racine Correctional Institution/Sturtevant Transitional Facility had 127 active COVID-19 cases among prisoners as of Monday.
Two other prisons, Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution and Oshkosh Correctional Institution, are still in the midst of two large outbreaks.
As of Monday, Kettle Moraine had 412 active cases among inmates and Oshkosh had 346.
Sturtevant is a small unit of Racine Correctional and is located adjacent to the larger prison.
The facilities are counted as one prison on the DOC’s data dashboard.
Last week, the DOC reported more than 300 active cases of COVID-19 at Oshkosh Correctional.
- Governor raises pride flag over Wisconsin Capitol in show of support for LGBTQ+ community
- Green Bay MFD announces promotion of six members, including two new Captains
- Green Bay Police Chief joins Local 5 this morning, talks plans for the NFL Draft and more
- Update: Area of Main and Train Bridge reopened after ‘traffic incident’
- Officers seize 17+ lbs. of meth in past month during several Wisconsin drug investigations