MILWAUKEE (AP) — Flags in Wisconsin are being flown at half-staff Saturday to honor a nurse and fire department EMT who died from complications of COVID-19.
Gov. Tony Evers an executive order to honor Kelly Raether. Flags in the state are to be flown at half-staff until sunset on Saturday.
The 42-year-old Raether died on Nov. 26. Her sister, Kari Raether, said Kelly Raether was exposed to the virus in the line of duty for the Ixonia Fire Department and was sick for about a month before she died. Raether taught nursing students at Carroll University in Waukesha.
- Green Bay mother sentenced to 10 years in death of toddler
- Philip Rivers retiring after historic 17-year NFL career
- Upper Michigan man details entry to US Capitol on Facebook, arrested by FBI
- Trump follows tradition, leaves Oval Office note for Biden
- Green Bay City Hall closed Wednesday due to general threat toward state, local government