MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin prisons have experienced the highest single-day spike in coronavirus cases since the pandemic began.
The state Department of Corrections reported 808 new COVID-19 cases among inmates Monday, bringing the number of active cases to 2,063.
Six prisons have big outbreaks of more than 100 active COVID-19 cases among prisoners.
They include New Lisbon Correctional Institution with 362 cases, Fox Lake Correctional Institution with 360, Oshkosh Correctional Institution with 258, Racine Correctional Institution/Sturtevant Transitional Facility with 250, Taycheedah Correctional Institution with 140, and Dodge Correctional Institution with 135.
In late October, the Department of Corrections reported that five inmates had died from COVID-19.
- Green Bay police investigate shots fired incident on city’s east side
- UPDATE: All lanes on WIS 67 from County E open
- Little Chute Elementary cancels March 9 classes due to water break
- Prince Harry says inheritance from Princess Diana made it possible to leave royal family
- Ledgeview Gardens gets early jump on growing produce for customers