MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Wisconsin prisons have experienced the highest single-day spike in coronavirus cases since the pandemic began.
The state Department of Corrections reported 808 new COVID-19 cases among inmates Monday, bringing the number of active cases to 2,063.
Six prisons have big outbreaks of more than 100 active COVID-19 cases among prisoners.
They include New Lisbon Correctional Institution with 362 cases, Fox Lake Correctional Institution with 360, Oshkosh Correctional Institution with 258, Racine Correctional Institution/Sturtevant Transitional Facility with 250, Taycheedah Correctional Institution with 140, and Dodge Correctional Institution with 135.
In late October, the Department of Corrections reported that five inmates had died from COVID-19.
- Fox Crossing Police investigate reports of a gun being fired, one person injured
- Green Bay Botanical Garden is shining a light on the annual “WPS Garden of Lights” 25th anniversary
- FDA advisers back Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for young kids
- As Bark & Brew closes, new building owners talk future
- Packers add Allen Lazard to the COVID/Reserve list