MADISON, Wis. (WFRV) – For the first time in state history, the State Emergency Operations Center in Madison has moved to a Level 1 response as a result of a health-related incident.
According to the Wisconsin Department of Military Affairs, a Level 1 response is intended to help improve coordination by bringing all state agencies together in a central location.
Governor Tony Evers and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services are continuing to lead the state’s response to coronavirus.
Governor Evers is expected to join experts with the DHS later Monday to discuss the coronavirus situation.
- What to know and what’s next for Travis King, the American soldier who ran into North Korea
- Wisconsin wrong-way driver charged with 2nd OWI, 20-year-old reportedly unconscious at intersection
- Machining manufacturer set to close plant of Wisconsin facility, over 130 employees to be laid off
- Appleton’s License to Cruise is more about memories than horsepower for ’59 Rambler owner
- Wisconsin man arrested in connection to Texan found dead inside a vehicle in March