MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The Wisconsin Supreme Court is hearing arguments on whether to strike down the state’s mask mandate being challenged by conservatives as an unconstitutional overreach of power by Democratic. Gov. Tony Evers.
The Supreme Court held virtual arguments on Monday and took the case under advisement. They likely won’t issue a ruling for several weeks.
Since the start of the outbreak, Evers has issued three public health emergencies and a series of related orders.
Evers has argued he can issue multiple orders because the threat caused by the pandemic has changed.
But those challenging him say Evers’ actions are illegal.
- Great Lake Jumper pays visit to Green Bay
- UPDATE: Explosion in garage causes fire in Glenmore, no injuries reported
- ‘Friends’ actor James Michael Tyler dies after battle with cancer: Reports
- Packers win sixth straight as red zone defense stifles Washington
- Small plane crashes into Wisconsin home, kills 2 onboard