MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The Wisconsin Supreme Court is hearing arguments on whether to strike down the state’s mask mandate being challenged by conservatives as an unconstitutional overreach of power by Democratic. Gov. Tony Evers.
The Supreme Court held virtual arguments on Monday and took the case under advisement. They likely won’t issue a ruling for several weeks.
Since the start of the outbreak, Evers has issued three public health emergencies and a series of related orders.
Evers has argued he can issue multiple orders because the threat caused by the pandemic has changed.
But those challenging him say Evers’ actions are illegal.
- The Fox Valley responds to Derek Chauvin’s conviction
- Pres. Biden, VP Harris address nation after Derek Chauvin verdict
- Education on CBD as Governor Tony Evers works towards marijuana legalization statewide
- ‘No Mow May’ spreading across the Fox Cities
- Governor Evers makes stop at Boys & Girls Club of Greater Green Bay to announce “Beyond the Classroom” grants