CHICAGO — Wisconsin will soon be added to the City of Chicago’s emergency travel order, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Monday.
At a news conference on housing assistance, Lightfoot said the number of COVID-19 cases is causing concern.
The traveler order directs people entering or returning from specific states that are seeing spikes in coronavirus cases to quarantine.
Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah are already on the list.
The city says the list will be updated every Tuesday and go into effect the following Friday.
Anyone found to violate the order could be fined $100 to $500 a day, up to $7,000 total. However, city officials conceded they won’t be able to keep track of who is and isn’t following the rules.
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Students prepare original pandemic-themed plays at Oshkosh school
- New quarry causing tension in Door County
- Local Veteran surprised with gift of car
- Man arrested in North Carolina in May accused of threatening to kill Joe Biden
- Trump, Biden face off in final presidential debate