(WFRV) – Former Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre has expressed his support for President Donald Trump.
In a Friday morning tweet, Favre says, “In this election, we have freedom of choice, which all should respect. For me & these principles, my Vote is for @RealDonaldTrump.”
Favre isn’t the only former Packers star to express support for a candidate in this election.
Super Bowl-winning Green Bay Packers Coach Mike Holmgren has campaigned for former Vice President Joe Biden in recent weeks, including an event with Green Bay Mayor Eric Genrich.
Hip hop icon and known Packers fan Lil Wayne publicly showed support for Pres. Trump on Thursday, attracting backlash from social media users.
The latest Marquette Law School Poll shows Biden holds a lead over Pres. Trump among likely Wisconsin voters.
- Green Bay man sentenced to prison for death of 23-day-old son
- Michigan officials certify election, sealing Biden victory
- Small group of Packers employees, household family to attend Sunday’s game
- Clintonville School Board to decide on return to school plan at Monday meeting
- Bonduel Harley-Davidson dealership like ‘coming to the candy store’