(WFRV) – Former Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre has expressed his support for President Donald Trump.
In a Friday morning tweet, Favre says, “In this election, we have freedom of choice, which all should respect. For me & these principles, my Vote is for @RealDonaldTrump.”
Favre isn’t the only former Packers star to express support for a candidate in this election.
Super Bowl-winning Green Bay Packers Coach Mike Holmgren has campaigned for former Vice President Joe Biden in recent weeks, including an event with Green Bay Mayor Eric Genrich.
Hip hop icon and known Packers fan Lil Wayne publicly showed support for Pres. Trump on Thursday, attracting backlash from social media users.
The latest Marquette Law School Poll shows Biden holds a lead over Pres. Trump among likely Wisconsin voters.
- Right lane of I-41 SB in Appleton blocked due to disabled vehicle
- DHS reports more than 600 new positive COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase
- Appleton resident named Wisconsin’s winner for ‘Doodle for Google’ contest
- Chamber of Commerce seeks end to enhanced US jobless aid
- Wisconsin police: Stop the naked ‘Nerf Wars’