MADISON, Wis, (AP) — A federal judge has rejected a lawsuit filed by two Republican Wisconsin lawmakers, voting rights groups and others seeking to overturn the 2020 presidential election results in Wisconsin and four other swing states.
U.S. District Judge James Boasberg rejected the lawsuit Monday. He says it “rests on a fundamental and obvious misreading of the Constitution.”
The case was brought against Vice President Mike Pence, Congress and the Electoral College. In addition to Wisconsin, other states targeted in the lawsuit were Arizona, Georgia, Michigan and Pennsylvania.
It’s one of dozens of similar lawsuits that have failed since President Donald Trump’s loss to Democrat Joe Biden.
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- Colder air arrives late next week
- Packers heading back to NFC Championship game after win over Rams
- LIVE BLOG: Packers face off against the Rams
- Wisconsin DHS reports highest single-day COVID-19 death toll to date