(AP) – Republican leaders in four critical states won by President-elect Joe Biden say they won’t participate in a legally dubious scheme to flip their state’s electors to vote for President Donald Trump.
Their comments effectively shut down a half-baked plot some Republicans floated as a last chance to keep Trump in the White House.
State GOP lawmakers in Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin have all said they would not intervene in the selection of electors, who ultimately cast the votes that secure a candidate’s victory.
Several noted that such a move would violate state law and a vote of the people.
- Green Bay “NIBIN” machine now live as violent crime investigations continue
- Light rain showers later this week, then a chilly start to November
- Gov. Evers makes stop at Oneida Behavioral Health Center to check in on substance abuse pilot program
- What exactly is a ‘wealth tax’ and how would it work?
- iPhone now lets you add your digital vaccine card to Apple Wallet. Here’s how