APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – A group of local residents is standing up for fair maps in Wisconsin on July 9.
The “Stand Up” events and car caravan is gathering to raise awareness of gerrymandering and the negative impact it has on Wisconsin. Gerrymandering is the setting of boundaries of electoral districts to favor specific political interests.
The group will be handing out information at Houdini Plaza on how legislative districts could be drawn to stop gerrymandering. They will be standing on College Avenue in Appleton from 5 – 7 p.m.
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Students prepare original pandemic-themed plays at Oshkosh school
- New quarry causing tension in Door County
- Local Veteran surprised with gift of car
- Man arrested in North Carolina in May accused of threatening to kill Joe Biden