APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – A group of local residents is standing up for fair maps in Wisconsin on July 9.
The “Stand Up” events and car caravan is gathering to raise awareness of gerrymandering and the negative impact it has on Wisconsin. Gerrymandering is the setting of boundaries of electoral districts to favor specific political interests.
The group will be handing out information at Houdini Plaza on how legislative districts could be drawn to stop gerrymandering. They will be standing on College Avenue in Appleton from 5 – 7 p.m.
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway
- Free COVID-19 vaccinations reach Green Bay, register by texting COVID
- Macaulay Culkin ‘sold’ on digitally removing President Trump from Home Alone 2
- Brown Co. leaders urge everyone to get flu shot, especially seniors
- TSA looking into adding Capitol rioters to US no-fly list