APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – A group of local residents is standing up for fair maps in Wisconsin on July 9.
The “Stand Up” events and car caravan is gathering to raise awareness of gerrymandering and the negative impact it has on Wisconsin. Gerrymandering is the setting of boundaries of electoral districts to favor specific political interests.
The group will be handing out information at Houdini Plaza on how legislative districts could be drawn to stop gerrymandering. They will be standing on College Avenue in Appleton from 5 – 7 p.m.
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Week ahead: Performances arriving or no longer in calendar, part 21
- “We’re All In” comes to Green Bay focused on small businesses
- Brown County man selling sunflowers, a crop that’s good medicine for all in a pandemic
- San Diego County to provide free coronavirus testing at border crossing
- Healthcare officials, parents weigh in on helping kids get used to masks