APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – A Fox Valley official has officially announced he is running for the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Senator Ron Johnson in 2022.
Last week, WFRV Local 5 reported that Outagamie County Executive Tom Nelson, a Democrat, had filed a statement of candidacy for the seat.
Nelson posted to social media Monday morning, attacking Sen. Johnson, saying “Nelson is ready to represent Wisconsin’s progressive values in the U.S. Senate and put an end to Ron Johnson’s embarrassing tenure.”
Sen. Johnson was elected to his seat in 2011.
- President-elect Biden urges congress, Trump to pass COVID-19 relief, saying ‘Americans need help and they need it now’
- Wisconsin DHS reports 4,831 new positive COVID-19 cases, 77 virus-related deaths
- Wisconsin foster care numbers down during pandemic but help still needed
- Wisconsin flags at half-staff to honor nurse, EMT
- Got an Echo or Ring? Soon, Amazon will use them to share your internet with a new ‘Sidewalk’ network – unless you opt out