APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – A Fox Valley official has filed a statement of candidacy for the 2022 Senate race.
According to the Federal Election Commission, Outagamie County Executive Tom Nelson, a Democrat, filed a statement of candidacy on Tuesday.
The seat is currently held by Republican Ron Johnson.
Nelson has represented the 5th Assembly District and was Tom Barrett’s running mate as lieutentant governor when he lost to Scott Walker.
WFRV Local 5 has reached out to Nelson for comment.
- Police ask for help in search of armed robbery suspect
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Extra! What the human is really good at
- Relief nurses head home from Green Bay, express apprehension but confidence in travel safety over Thanksgiving
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests
- DNR urges hunters to watch for elk and moose, keeping non-target animals safe