(WFRV) – Senators Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) and Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) held a roundtable discussion on Friday.
The “Build Back Better” roundtable to talk about former Vice President Joe Biden’s economic recovery plan. Baldwin and Duckworth say the plan will better help working families and raise wages.
Sen. Baldwin spoke about the manufacturing tradition in Wisocnisn and how it has been impacted.
“We all know how many hits we have seen Wisconsin workers take in recent years,” Sen. Baldwin says. “We’ve seen so many broken promises from this president and jobs lost during this presidency.”
She adds that she tries to champion the Buy American cause to help support manufacturing jobs across the state.
- Absentee voting contributes to improved voter experience
- Michigan school leaves mask decision up to parents
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August
- Greenville $6.5M park referendum fails to pass
- Primary Election Day, in-person turn out lower, absentee ballots higher