(WFRV) – Kristina Shelton has won the 2020 Partisan Primary Election for State Assembly District 90, beating out incumbent Staush Gruszynski.
In December, Assembly Democratic leaders called for first-term state lawmaker Gruszynski to resign following a complaint that he sexually harassed a legislative employee.
Gruszynski released a statement in response, saying, “In October I made a terrible mistake after drinking too much in a Madison bar. That evening, I made inappropriate comments to a female staffer and a sexual harassment claim was filed…My conduct was unprofessional and completely unacceptable.”
Shelton will go on to face Republican Drew Kirsteatter in November’s General Election.
For the latest election results, visit Your Local Election Headquarters.
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Coronavirus: Casting a net around the Internet, part 16
- “Diaper Need Awareness Week” in Brown County
- East Town Mall for sale, new hope for affordable housing and flooding solution
- Dry, but cool weather continues the next few days
- US judge blocks Postal Service changes that slowed mail