HOUSTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Friday rejected a lawsuit backed by President Donald Trump to overturn Joe Biden’s election victory, ending a desperate attempt to get legal issues rejected by state and federal judges before the nation’s highest court.
The court’s order was its second this week rebuffing Republican requests that it get involved in the 2020 election outcome. The justices turned away an appeal from Pennsylvania Republicans on Tuesday.
The Electoral College meets Monday to formally elect Biden as the next president.
- CDC: Fully vaccinated Americans can gather indoors without masks
- Nearly 100 pet dogs and cats have contracted COVID-19. Here’s how to protect your pets
- Suamico’s Shopko Optical center to relocate
- Manitowoc’s Capitol Civic Centre kicks-off 100-day celebration
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Orchestral music taking new shape in series in Sheboygan