GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – The Appleton International Airport was out in the community on Friday with their ice cream truck celebrating a special announcement.
Starting on August 1, Appleton International Airport is relaunching its non-stop Delta flight to Atlanta. The flight will leave at 7:30 a.m. and land in Atlanta by 10:30 a.m.
Since Appleton International Airport couldn’t do their regular community events this summer, they’ve scaled back with smaller ideas, this being one of them.
So to celebrate, free ice cream was handed out which included Orange Dreamsicles, crunch bars, fudge bars, and popsicles.
Now with the flight relaunching, there’s still a big emphasis on social distancing in the airport and during the flights.
“Everywhere you turn, you can self sanitize. We are encouraging travelers to go touch-less. Get all of your boarding pass’ or your hotel room key on your phone so it’s one less point of contact,” says Patrick Tracey, Marketing Manager for Appleton International Airport.
For six years, this ice cream truck that’s decked out in everything airplane-related has been going out into the community giving back to everyone who has supported the airport for so long.
“It’s a thanks for all of your support to the Appleton Airport over the years, to just to get out to talk to the community, and be humans,” says Tracey.
- Local 5 Birthday Club 12/03/2020
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Week ahead: Performances arriving or no longer in calendar, part 38
- Will Northeast Wisconsinites take a COVID-19 vaccine?
- UW-Oshkosh survey shows businesses prefer COVID-19 precautions that are easily reversible
- DHS launches new map with additional COVID-19 geographic breakdowns