Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct live newscasts and other live/taped programming.
- Coordinate the efforts of the production crew during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
- Work with producers to maximize production possibilities within newscasts and other programming.
- Technical directing, audio operation and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- High school diploma
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Proficiency with broadcast control equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work weekends.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Director must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Director must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
WFRV and WJMN Television Stations and Nexstar Broadcasting are an equal opportunity employer.