(WFRV) – It’s American Heart Month, and today we’ve got some tangy tips on a healthy fruit from Alice in Dairyland.
Check out these simple recipes involving fresh cranberries:
- ½ cup yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup frozen Wisconsin cranberries
- 1 tbsp. Wisconsin Honey
- Combine ingredients in blender and mix well
- Add additional honey for extra sweetness
Cranberry Breakfast Bites
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp. Wisconsin honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup dried Wisconsin cranberries
- Combine peanut butter, honey and vanilla in a bowl. Microwave and mix together.
- Add oats and cranberries.
- Shape the mixture into individual cookies.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
To follow Kaitlyn on socal media, head to aliceindairyland.com.
To learn more about Wisconsin’s great cranberry industry, visit wiscran.org.