(WFRV) – It may sound a bit intimidating but there are a bunch of benefits to a chemical peel.
Megan from Moxie Boutique Salon stopped by Local 5 Live with details on a new line and how the process works.
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is utilizing specific solution of acids to slough off skin at a deeper depth than say a traditional polish or scrub. It will also deposit ingredients into the skin to help nourish and hydrate the skin.
Different acids target specific skin concerns such as:
* Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth.
* Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging.
* Improve the appearance of mild scars.
* Treat certain types of acne.
* Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills.
* Improve the look and feel of skin.
Sorella Apothecary just released four new peels and our Aesthetician Megan is in the process of being certified to use.
Moxie Boutique Salon is located at 1700 Sand Acres Drive. For a link to schedule an appointment, just head to their Facebook page.