When you think of a backyard cookout hamburgers and hotdogs likely come to mind, but there is so much more you can put on a bun!
For more about Zozo’s Kitchen find them on Facebook or online at zozoskitchen.com.
Grilled Skirt Steak with Blue Cheese & Horseradish Mayo
- 1 lb skirt steak
- ½ cup skirt steak marinade (below)
- 4 Sara Lee Artesano Bakery Buns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons prepared horseradish (more or less to taste)
- ¼ cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 2 cups arugula
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Black Pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon each fresh thyme, parsley, rosemary
- 2 tablespoons lemon lime soda
- Zest of ½ lemon
- To make the marinade, place all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until combined
- Trim excess fat off the steak, place in steak in a zip top bag along with the marinade and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, but no more than 8
- Combine the mayo, horseradish, bleu cheese, chives, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combined
- Pre heat grill to high heat. Remove steak from marinade scraping off any excess herbs and garlic. Season with the steak with salt and pepper. Grill to desired temperature. For medium rare 1 ½ minutes per side. Let steak rest at least 3 minutes.
- Toast the Sara Lee Artesano Buns with butter and toast on the grill.
- Build the sandwich by slathering on the mayo, on the top bun and some arugula on the bottom and then the rested steak. Enjoy.