CHICKEN-POBLANO TORTILLA SOUP
Yield: 6 servings
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 ½ cups chopped yellow onion
• 1 cup chopped carrot
• 1 poblano pepper, finely chopped
• 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
• 1 (14.5 oz.) can unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 12 oz. shredded skinless, boneless chicken breast
• Optional garnishes: crushed tortilla chips, diced avocado, lime wedges, cilantro sprigs
Heat a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, carrot, and poblano; sauté 8 minutes.
Add stock, salt, black pepper, and tomatoes; bring to a boil over high heat.
Finely crush half of tortilla chips; add to stock mixture. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until carrot is tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in cilantro and chicken.
Divide soup evenly into bowls. Serve with crushed tortilla chips, diced avocado, lime wedges and cilantro sprigs, if desired.