CINNAMON STREUSEL PUMPKIN COFFEE CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
Yields: 12 Servings
• 1/2 cup salted butter, almost melted
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
• 3 large eggs
• 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
• 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
• 2 tsp. baking powder
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. each cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, nutmeg and ground cloves
• 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
• 3 Tbsp. white sugar
• 3 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
Cream Cheese Glaze:
• 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
• 1 Tbsp. butter, at room temperature
• 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
• 4 Tbsp. milk
• 1/3 cup powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×9″ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
With an electric mixer mix the butter, brown sugar, pumpkin, and eggs together until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix until just combined and pour into the prepared baking dish.
For the topping, mix all the ingredients until a crumble consistency forms. Sprinkle over the top of the cake. Bake for 45 minutes or until the middle is set.
For the glaze, using an electric mixer mix the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the vanilla and milk and mix until smooth. Gradually add in the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
Drizzle glaze over the cake and serve warm.