(WFRV) – It’s not uncommon for workers to seek compensation for injuries suffered on the job through their employer’s worker’s compensation insurance, but in some cases, additional compensation may be secured through a third-party personal injury claim.

Partner at Herrling Clark Law Firm and Personal Injury Attorney Richard Elrod stopped by Local 5 Live with more on what are third-party injury compensation claims, how they differ from worker’s compensation claims, and what someone should do if they believe they should file such a claim.

Herrling Clark has offices in Appleton, Green Bay, Oshkosh, and Waupaca but serve many surrounding communities. Best place to start is 920-739-7366, online at herrlingclark.com.