LOADED SHEET PAN BLACK BEAN NACHOS
Yield: 8 appetizer servings
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 small red onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp. ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp. chili powder
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 (12 oz.) bag tortilla chips
• 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 cup pico de gallo
• 5 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup pickled jalapenos
• 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
• 1 cup guacamole
• Optional toppings: pickled jalapenos, sliced olives, chopped cilantro, hot sauce and lime wedges
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
Place beans in a large bowl and mash with a fork until only a few chunks remain. Add beans and water to the saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Spread half of the tortilla chips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Dollop spoonfuls of the bean mixture over the chips and sprinkle with half the cheese. Top with half the pico de gallo and scallions. Repeat with remaining tortilla chips, black beans, cheese and pico de gallo.
Bake nachos until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 5 minutes. Top with remaining scallions, pickled jalapenos, Greek yogurt and guacamole. Garnish with cilantro and hot sauce, if desired. Serve immediately.
For more recipes and resources, visit festfoods.com.