(WFRV) – It will be a one-of-a-kind art exhibit – because it’s chosen by you.
Ashley from the Trout Museum visited Local 5 Live with details on their upcoming Made to Order exhibit, how it will work, plus details on the fundraiser that supports local artists.
Details from troutmuseum.org.
The Trout Museum of Art returns with Made to Order, an exhibit connecting community members with Wisconsin artists to create one-of-a-kind, customized works of art be exhibited for Made to Order from Aug 25-Dec 31, 2023. YOU help curate the exhibition by commissioning an artwork from one of 40 artists listed below. TMA’s 2023 goal for commissions is $100,000. 50% goes to artists and 50% to TMA programming.
Commissioning an artwork is a collaborative experience between you and the artist. Artists create works in their style based on discussions with you. You experiences working with and getting to know the artists and watch the artwork come alive. We are grateful for your support and the support of so many artists and collectors.
I’m interested in commissioning an artwork. What’s next?
1. Browse for the perfect artist(s) below through Mar 31.
2. Use the artist’s style and something in your life to inspire your artwork.
3. Choose your budget. Each artist has pricing on their pages.
4. Fill out a Made to Order interest form.
5. TMA staff will coordinate an artist connection and details.
6. Payment to TMA: 50% down payment and 50% when the project is completed.
7. Artist creates your masterpiece.
8. Your artwork will be on exhibit Aug 25 to Dec 31, 2023.
9. Attend the Made to Order opening reception and fundraiser on Aug 25.
10. Take your one-of-a-kind artwork home following the exhibition after Dec 31!
Commissioner’s Salon 2
Tues, Mar 14 | 6– 8pm
Drinks, appetizers, music, and learn about Made to Order. If you’re ready, sign up to commission a work of art.
Collector’s Conversation with John Brogan and Beth Lipman
Watch the full talk on Instagram.