Midwest Farm Weekly (WFRV) – There are two upcoming events focused on mental health for farm families.
Outagamie County’s Extension office is hosting a 4-session community-based program. Topics will include:
• Increase awareness of how stress affects our body, thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.
• Learn to manage how we respond to stress with our thoughts, emotions and behaviors.
• Cultivate positive emotions to improve our resiliency to life’s challenges.
• Nurture ourselves to improve the health of our body, mind and decision-making
• Learn from and finding opportunities in life’s challenges.
• Live life in line with what we value; recognizing the interrelatedness of various dimensions of our health and achieving a healthier balance between them.
• Create a network of farm families to share and understand the unique challenges in farming.
This four-part program will take place at Center Town Hall in Appleton April 25, May 2, 9 and 16 at 7:30 pm. Visit the Extension website at www.Outagamie.Extension.WISC.edu or call 920-832-5129
Another event is happening at Collins Dairy in Greenleaf.
This is a single day event, April 27th from 10:30 am – Noon.
For more information, and to register visit facebook.com/Collins-Dairy-LLC-297789243724445/