MADISON, Wis. (AP) — One of two Wisconsin girls who repeatedly stabbed a classmate because she believed a fictional horror character named Slender Man would attack her family if she didn’t kill the girl has lost an appeal.
Morgan Geyser was 12 at the time of the attack in 2014. She argued that the case belonged in juvenile court.
But Wisconsin’s 2nd District Court of Appeals disagreed, ruling Wednesday that the Waukesha County Circuit Court correctly kept the case in adult court.
Geyser’s attorney had argued that she should have been charged with second-degree intentional homicide, which would have placed the case in juvenile court.
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Week ahead: Performances arriving or no longer in calendar, part 29
- Green Bay restaurant owner offering free beer samples to celebrate his family roots in Luxembourg
- Oshkosh neighborhood upset with the number of sex offenders at a transitional living facility
- Bitter debate taunts overpower Trump’s, Biden’s visions
- Nonprofits find new ways to fundraise as coronavirus pandemic continues