MILWAUKEE (AP) — Authorities say three people died in snowmobile accidents last weekend, boosting the number of deaths to 17 for the season.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources says all three of the victims were from Illinois.
The Journal Sentinel reports that two of them died after striking trees and one person was killed after being struck by another snowmobile rider, the Journal Sentinel reported.
There have been nine fatalities this month.
The DNR says that alcohol, excess speed and driver inexperience the leading causes of snowmobile accidents.
- Wisconsin DHS reports record-high new positive COVID-19 cases, state totals over 2,000 virus-related deaths
- Green Bay holding drive-through voting event at City Hall
- Door County Historical Society hosts first annual Heritage Halloween event
- Green Bay BOO-yah hosts socially distanced trick-or-treating event
- Door County selected as pilot community in statewide affordable housing initiative