GREEN BAY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Brown County

7 residents displaced after kitchen fire in apartment causes $55,000 in damages

Local News

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) — Seven Green Bay residents were displaced Tuesday after a kitchen fire in an apartment caused $55,000 in damages.

The Green Bay Metro Fire Department says they were dispatched to the 800 block of N. Webster Ave. around 4:00 p.m. on the report of a fire in an apartment.

Arriving crews say they saw smoke and flames coming from the back of the building. They were able to extinguish the fire in 10 minutes.

Residents were able to safely evacuate the building and no injuries were reported.

Six residents were seeking assistance from the American Red Cross and one person is staying with relatives.

Three cats were also located and removed from the home.

The Green Bay Metro Fire Department is reminding people to never leave food cooking unattended. They also say to have an approved fire extinguisher available in your home in the event a fire breaks out.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Sports Xtra: UW-Oshkosh's Fischer talks regular season, WIAC tournament

Gamblers drop weekend finale to Des Moines

High School Sports Xtra: Local 5 Top 5 Plays, Team of the Week

High School Sports Xtra: Recapping boys basketball sectionals, state brackets revealed

High School Sports Xtra: Girls State Basketball Recap

Xavier, Wrightstown, Lourdes Academy & NEW Lutheran punch tickets to state